Early Storyboards and Sketches of Ideas

This was my first sketch of The Green-Eyed Monster and the girl when I first thought of the idea in May 2021.  I started thinking about the concept of the general green-eyed monster, and what a ‘physical’ version of it could look like.


I really liked how the two characters looked in the mirror together, and I liked the idea of her getting green eyes from the monster this way.  I knew I wanted this to be in a scene of a future animation.




Below are my first quick sketches of my backgrounds and some storyboarding scenes for my animatic in September and October, 2022.






Change of the opening scene:

I decided as I was starting my production class that I wanted to change the first part of my animation for a few reasons:
I never really enjoyed the aesthetic of a school for my animation to begin with.  I thought instead the setting could be outside beside the school.  This way, the girl could appear more lonely and vulnerable.  
I also thought animation-wise, there would be a lot less people and interactions to animate.  Instead of people in the hallways, I decided to put them on social media on the girl’s phone.  This ended up working out; it seems that most people are on their phone usually now anyways.









Comments

Popular Posts